Are you thinking of a Church of England wedding but are not sure which Parish Church you can choose?
A new set of rules has recently been introduced which are intended to allow couples much greater flexibility over their choice of Parish Church. This is because couples often live and work a long way from the parish with which they have personal or family connections and in which they would like to marry.
The new rules mean that you may now be able to marry in a Parish Church if you or your partner can show one or more of the following:
• You have lived in the parish for at least 6 months; or
• You have regularly attended public worship in the parish at Church of England services for at least 6 months; or
• You were baptized (Christened) in the parish in a Church of England service; or
• Your parents or grandparents were married in the parish in a Church of England service; or
• Your parents have lived in the parish for at least 6 months during your lifetime; or
• Your parents have regularly attended public worship in the parish at Church of England services for at least 6 months during your lifetime; or
• You have been conﬁrmed (in a Church of England service) and your conﬁrmation is entered in a register belonging to a church or chapel in the parish.
Enquiries about marriages can be made initially to [email protected]
The Wedding Co-ordinator can reserve a date and a time for the marriage so that couples can proceed with their plans, and will arrange to meet the couple in the year of their marriage in order to discuss the practical details of the wedding.
The Vicar will visit each couple at home before their marriage, to help couples plan a successful married life together.
Fees for Marriage are revised each year. In 2020 they are:
Reading of Banns £31.00
Banns Certificate (if required) £14.00
Marriage Service £474 (including marriage certificate)
In addition, the following optional extras are available
Wedding Verger £30.00
Organ and Organist £75. 00*
* These fees are doubled if a video or audio recording is made of the marriage.
WEDDINGS in 2021
Saturday 13 February: 1.00pm - EM & NF
BH Monday 5th April: 12 noon - RS & RT
Saturday 17th April: 1.00pm - DR & SH
Saturday 15 May: 2.00pm - DJ & TH
Saturday 26 June: 2.00pm - JH & EJ
Saturday 7 August: 12 noon - AE & LB
Friday 13 August: 12 noon - PM & LW
Friday 20 August: 12.30pm - MR & AH